Named to “Best Places to Work in Virginia” 2019 (Small Business Category)!
LitCon is attending on campus events at Virginia Tech, Lehigh University, University of Maryland, Grove City College, Penn State University, and George Mason University.
At LitCon Group, we realize that the success of our organization is linked to the individual success and professional development of our consultants. In that regard, we strive to attract and retain employees who reflect our attention to detail and dedication to superior client service. We strive to provide a challenging work environment and welcome opportunities to speak to individuals who feel that they can have a positive impact on our clients and organization.
LitCon Group, LLC provides client support and expert witnesses in the litigation process via financial analysis, schedule analysis, forensic accounting, and valuation services. Ultimately, work is subject to cross-examination in a Court of Law or other administrative venue. Employees conceptualize complex, abstract concepts and create analyses that demonstrate the application of these concepts to the individual case facts. Particularly high degrees of accuracy and attention to detail are required and employees work simultaneously on several unrelated cases at different stages of completion. Client interaction includes expert services as well as superior customer service.
Employment with us offers the opportunity to join a dynamic firm with a true team approach to all our projects. Working closely with senior Management, new hires will develop work product and assist in work product delivery to clients.
For more information, please contact careers@LitConGroup.com.
Are you a CPA burned out by the seemingly endless busy seasons? Are you a financial analyst seeking a more challenging career than repetitiously preparing the same reports every month? Are you a project management professional bored of updating the same schedule week after week?
We have exciting career opportunities for individuals who have demonstrated skills in auditing, forensic accounting, financial analysis, construction and project management, or other similar fields. Employment with us offers the opportunity to join a dynamic firm with a true team approach to all of our projects.
Individuals should enjoy a challenging fast paced work environment and have the ability to multitask. Experienced hires will join a team of consultants working on several projects simultaneously. Applicants should possess strong analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication and superior problem solving abilities.
This opportunity has great growth potential. Supervisory responsibilities commensurate with experience is required.
Candidates should have 2-5 years of experience and strong Excel or Access skills. Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in business, economics or engineering with a preference for accounting or finance concentrations for business graduates and civil, construction, mechanical or industrial for engineering graduates. A CPA, CFE, CFA, CVA, ASA or other professional designation is desirable. Project management professionals should have knowledge of Microsoft Project and Primavera. Construction management and/or construction dispute resolution experience is desirable.
LitCon Group is looking for a few select individuals with strong academic credentials to join our growing practice.
Employment with us offers the opportunity to join a dynamic firm with a true team approach to all of our projects. LitCon Group will provide an environment where you are able to build upon the foundation of your classroom and internship experiences. Working closely with experienced LitCon personnel, new hires will develop work product and assist in the delivery of that work product to our clients.
Individuals should enjoy a challenging, fast-paced work environment and have the ability to multitask. New hires will join a team of consultants working on several projects simultaneously. Applicants should possess strong analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication and superior problem solving abilities.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or engineering with a preference for accounting or finance concentrations for business graduates and civil, construction, mechanical or industrial for engineering graduates. A solid foundation with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, is preferred. Knowledge of Primavera scheduling software or Microsoft Project for engineering graduates is beneficial.
Training is provided at each level of our organization and is developed for each employee individually based on your career goals and objectives. We focus training on real world skills that will enable you to contribute to our teams and improve the work product we deliver to our clients.
LitCon Group offers a range of competitive benefits, including:
- Flexible work approach and business casual environment.
- Competitive PTO including vacation starting at three weeks, holidays, and sick leave.
- Reimbursement of applicable tuition, professional certification/dues, and training.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Retirement benefits such as 401(k) match and Health Savings Account contributions.
- Location specific benefits such as paid parking, metro accessible (DC), gym membership.
- Office-sponsored social gatherings, in-house training, corporate off-site training and events, and Friday breakfast.
- Competitive compensation; salary commensurate with experience. Profit sharing opportunities for applicable employees.
Proud of our work environment *self-starters* *team-building* *EOE M/F/D/V*
New hires will join a team of consultants working on several projects simultaneously and across a variety of industries including nuclear power, construction, and government contracts. Individuals should enjoy a challenging, fast-paced work environment with a strong sense of ownership.
Individuals will manage large financial and accounting data sets; calculate economic damages; document review and analysis; investigate fraud; perform various cost analyses; and develop supporting work such as report attachments, exhibits, or presentations.
- BS in Accounting or Finance preferred; other Business/Economics majors with relevant coursework and/or experience considered
- Strong financial analysis and superior problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Interest in Forensics and a career in consulting
- CPA, CFE, CFA, CVA, ASA, or other professional designation is desirable, and the successful candidate will plan to pursue this if not already obtained
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Forensics coursework
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency managing large and complex data populations
Whether you’re just out of school or have years of experience, LitCon Group allows you to apply your background in a unique and challenging way.
Individuals will identify key project events and delays; analyze construction project schedules; develop timelines and graphics used to discern entitlement; provide litigation support to expert witnesses in a variety of fields including construction, energy sector, and government contracts; and provide project management support for nondispute matters.
Requirements for All Candidates:
- BS (Engineering) or relevant Industry experience
- Experience with Critical Path Management (CPM) scheduling and scheduling tools, including Microsoft Project and Primavera P3/P6
- FE, PE, PMP, PSP, or other professional designation is desirable, and the successful candidate will plan to pursue this if not already obtained
- Ability to problem-solve and evaluate strengths/weakness of multiple arguments
- Excellent initiative and organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally at times
Additional Requirements for the Experienced Candidate:
- Significant construction consulting expertise
- Experience with scheduling/delay analysis, productivity analysis, cost/damage analysis, and document review/issue analysis
- A proven ability to generate business and lead project teams